Friday, 13 November 2015

Inquiry Update

Having taken on an additional teaching session this week, it helped me to reflect on my current thoughts for my inquiry.  I am still very much wanting to focus on Primary education and having worked across the board of all ages in Primary, I still believe that there is a stronger ground to look at Performing Arts within KS2.  From my knowledge, I feel that there are stronger themes and subjects which I can explore within this stage of Primary, therefore giving me a wider spectrum of research and conclusions.

My inquiry question is still not finalised, however, after gathering a good combination of literature which I believe has and will give me a good basis for my inquiry there are certain areas on which I am focusing on which have developed the following questions:


Is interdisciplinary learning with Performing Arts used in KS2 lessons and if so, is it a conscious way of teaching?  

Do teachers prepare schemes of work in Dance lessons and introduce a theme to provide interdisciplinary learning?


Should it be necessary to teach Dance to KS2 with the use of themes to provide interdisciplinary learning?


I feel like I have a better focus on what I want to find out and that it is relevant to not only my current practice but my future career plans too.

My next step is to develop me literature and take a look at my inquiry tools to clarify how I will progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment