Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Ideas for Professional Artefact

Now that my inquiry tools are all set up and ready to go, my next stage will be to analyse them which will enable me to prepare my professional artefact.

After creating another discussion with my SIG, adding finishing touches to my questionnaire, interview and observation and starting to receive results from my survey it has given me time to consider my artefact.

THE IDEA
I think my artefact will reflect a scheme of work which uses Performing Arts as an interdisciplinary learning tool alongside the national curriculum guidelines for KS2.  Ideally I would have like to have enough time to workshop ideas but unfortunately my current professional practice now only consists of a private dance school where I am preparing the students for exams and so therefore would not be an ideal situation to test this out.  Of course we are now in the last term of the year and so time is not on my side, and so this is another aspect I need to consider.

THE THEME/CONCEPT
I have experience in creating lesson plans but after collecting and analysing results from my inquiry tools I think I will be able to devise a suitable concept or idea to explore for the production of  my artefact.  I would also like to consider the idea of a template of a scheme of work which could be adapted for different topics, however my worry would be that it may affect the focus on the topic.  

MY AUDIENCE
As I am aiming to make a transition in my career path from Performing Arts teacher to Primary school teacher, I would like my artefact to be accessible for both sectors of teaching.  As I am focusing on KS2 Primary, the curriculum topics will be considered in order to create a suitable integration.

THE AIM
The aim of my artefact will be to create a teaching tool which can be used not only for myself but others who may find themselves teaching a Dance or Performing Arts class within KS2 Education.  This tool will hopefully provide a guide for teachers, whether from a Performing Arts background or education, that will ensure the lessons provide an interdisciplinary learning environment for the students taking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment