As a dance teacher within the public sector of dance schools and especially primary schools, I am constantly being faced with ethical issues to consider. Since the use of the internet has progressed, along with that has come the negatives which challenge the the access to information which may once have been kept confidential. Personal details are no longer personal with the use of profiles on websites such as 'Facebook'. And the distressing use of images used for indecent purposes has triggered an increasing rise in media permissions.
I suppose I need to consider my profile in terms of professionalism. To create a blog, means that I am allowing others access to not only some of my personal details, but also to my thoughts and ideas. This in turn is leaving my quite exposed as an individual who wishes to develop forward as a qualified Teacher. And so it is important when using these forms of interaction and communication that you consider the content and any possible implication it may have.
I read the web source on netiquette which I suppose can be seen as guidelines to communicating ethically online. Whilst these are probably common knowledge for those that regularly use the internet as a communication source, I can see how some of these can often be overlooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment