So the question which I had to ask myself was, what do I include in my professional profile? It struck me that when and if I apply for a job with the use of a CV, I actually have to decide which CV I use. As a previous professional performer I have what I call my 'Dancer CV'. I then have my 'Teacher CV' along with 'Promo CV' and general 'Work CV'. Not one of these CV's include all my work experience as for obvious reasons, some of the work is very insignificant and just doesn't apply to the job role. Another thing to consider is the fact that if I was to actually include all my work experiences I think it would deter anyone from actually reading the length of it!
So in relation to the task to create a professional profile, I have to consider which information would be relevant to this particular practise. And so I have scoured through my many versions upon versions of CVs and attempted to collate them in the best way that would help me with this task.
Now before I begun this task, I had already created my section of 'About Me', so to incorporate my professional profile into my Blog profile I am going to expand on this and add in relevant information. I suppose this style of profile is similar to that of Linked In which I do have a profile with. Now my profile on Linked In is that of a mixed style CV as I have used it to direct towards work within teaching and within office work. I quite like the layout of the Linked In profile, being very functional as I am sure it is intended. I have only ever used the App version of this on my phone so have actually captured this from the website and combined it together as a type of template to aid me within this task.
I will attempt to create a new improved blog profile which will double up as a professional profile. I do tend to change things quite frequently so I am sure I will constantly be updating and improving the information provided within my Blog. I have put together what I will call my first draft of the information provided within my Blog which as you can see below is really quite minimal in my efforts to get my Blog up and running. So as I learn more and develop new skills I can also add to this version of my Professional Profile!
![]() |
| Draft 1 Blog Profile |
Here we go...



Thanks Lisa - you mention change - and that is a big part of the programme I think - improving what you think needs to be improved after due consideration - change is difficult and sometimes happens rapidly - thanks for the links to your various profiles.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI think you and I are in the same predicament!- Of finding the best way to combine a dance and 'professional' C.V.? I like the style/ layout of your Linked In profile...you've inspired me to join!
Thank you both... Ruth, yes this certainly has been my challenge but I have found that a combination of all CVs has enabled me to hopefully create something that is a 'Professional Profile'!
ReplyDelete